Jan van Eijcklaan 2 – 4 , 3723 BC Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Registered at Chamber of Commerce Utrecht (30179741)
FoodCompanions BV is trading under the name of Bridge2Food.
Article 1 Definitions
1. In the present general terms and conditions, the following terms are used in the sense given below, unless explicitly indicated otherwise:
- FoodCompanions BV: the general terms and conditions of the FoodCompanions BV;
- Client: FoodCompanions BV's opposite party;
- Agreement: the agreement concerning the provision of services.
Article 2 General
1.The present terms and conditions shall apply to each and every offer, tender and agreement between FoodCompanions BV and a client, to which FoodCompanions BV has declared the present terms and conditions applicable, insofar as parties have not explicitly deviated from the present terms and conditions in writing.
2. The present terms and conditions shall also apply to all agreements with FoodCompanions BV, the execution of which calls for the services of third parties.
3. Possible deviations from the present general terms and conditions shall only be valid provided they have been explicitly agreed upon in writing.
4. The applicability of client's possible purchase or other conditions is explicitly rejected.
5. If one or more stipulations in the present general terms and conditions should be null and void or declared null and void, then the other stipulations of the present general terms and conditions shall remain fully applicable. The case ensuing, FoodCompanions BV and client shall enter into negotiations to agree upon new stipulations replacing the null and void conditions, or, as the case may be, the conditions declared null and void, whereby the purpose and the meaning of the original conditions shall be heeded as far as possible (see also under article 1).
Article 3 Offers and Tenders
1. All offers shall be free of obligation unless the offer contains an acceptance term.
2. The offers made by FoodCompanions BV shall be free of obligation; they shall be valid for a period of 30 days, unless indicated otherwise. FoodCompanions BV shall only be bound by the offers if the acceptance thereof is confirmed in writing by the opposite party within 30 days, unless indicated otherwise.
3. The prices given in above-mentioned offers and tenders shall be exclusive of VAT and other government levies, as well as of the other expenses to be possibly made within the scope of the agreement, including shipment and administration costs, unless FoodCompanions BV indicates otherwise.
4. If the acceptance deviates (on secondary items) from the offer given, FoodCompanions BV shall not be bound by it. The agreement shall in such event not be concluded in accordance with said deviating acceptance, unless FoodCompanions BV indicates otherwise.
5. A compound quotation shall not oblige FoodCompanions BV to execute part of the assignment against a corresponding part of the given quotation.
6. Offers and tenders shall not apply automatically to future assignments (see article 2).
Article 4 Execution of the Agreement
1. FoodCompanions BV shall execute the agreement to the best of his knowledge and ability.
2. If and in so far required for the proper execution of the agreement, FoodCompanions BV shall have the right to have certain work done by third parties.
3. The client shall see to it that FoodCompanions BV shall be provided in due time with all data which FoodCompanions BV has said to be necessary or which the client must in all reasonableness understand to be necessary to the execution of the agreement. If FoodCompanions BV has not been provided in due time with the data necessary to the execution of the agreement, FoodCompanions BV shall have the right to suspend the execution of the agreement and / or to charge the client for the additional costs resulting from the delay at the generally accepted rates.
4. FoodCompanions BV shall not be liable for damage of whatever nature caused by the fact that FoodCompanions BV worked on the basis of incorrect and / or incomplete data provided by the client, unless FoodCompanions BV should have been aware of said incorrectness or incompleteness.
5. If parties have agreed that the agreement will be executed in stages, FoodCompanions BV can suspend the execution of the parts belonging to a following stage until the client has approved in writing the results of the stage prior to it.
6. If FoodCompanions BV or third parties engaged by FoodCompanions BV within the scope of the assignment do work at client's site or at a site designated by client, client shall provide the employees having to work there free of charge with all facilities desired in all reasonableness by said employees.
7. Client shall safeguard FoodCompanions BV against possible claims filed by third parties who may sustain damage attributable to client in connection with the execution of the agreement. (see also article 3).
Article 5 Changes to the agreement
1. If it is shown during the execution of the agreement that the work to be done needs to be changed and supplemented in order to ensure its proper execution, parties shall adapt the agreement accordingly in due time and in mutual consultations.
2. If parties agree that the agreement needs to be changed or supplemented, this decision may influence the time of completion of the execution. FoodCompanions BV shall inform the client thereof as soon as possible.
3. Should the change or supplement to the agreement have any financial and / or qualitative consequences, FoodCompanions BV shall inform client thereof in advance.
4. If a fixed fee has been agreed upon then FoodCompanions BV shall indicate the degree to which the change or supplement to the agreement will result in an increase of said fee.
5. Contrary to the conditions of paragraph 3, FoodCompanions BV shall not be able to charge additional costs if the change or supplement is the result of circumstances attributable to FoodCompanions BV (see article 3).
Article 6 Duration of the Contract; Term of Execution
1. The agreement between FoodCompanions BV and a client shall be entered into for an indefinite period of time, unless the nature of the agreement dictates otherwise or if parties have explicitly agreed otherwise in writing.
2. If a term has been agreed to complete certain work within the term of the agreement, then this term shall never be a term to be observed on penalty of forfeiture of rights. If the term of execution is exceeded, the client must consequently declare FoodCompanions BV in default in writing (see article 3).
Article 7 Fee
1. The paragraphs 2., 5. and 6. through 11. shall apply to those offers and agreements in which a fixed fee is offered or agreed upon. If no fixed fee has been agreed upon, the paragraphs 3. through 11. of the present article shall apply.
2. Parties can agree upon a fixed fee the moment the agreement is concluded.
3. If no fixed fee has been agreed upon, the fee shall be determined on the basis of the number of hours actually spent on the work. The fee shall be calculated in accordance with FoodCompanions BV's usual hourly rates, valid for the period in which the work is being done, unless a deviating hourly rate has been agreed upon.
4. The fee and a possible cost estimate shall be exclusive of VAT.
5. With respect to assignments with a duration of more than 3 months, the costs owed shall be charged periodically.
6. If FoodCompanions BV and the client agree upon a fixed fee or an hourly rate, FoodCompanions BV shall nevertheless be entitled to increase this fee or rate.
7. FoodCompanions BV shall be allowed to charge on price increases, if FoodCompanions BV can demonstrate that significant changes in price have occurred between the time of offer and the time of delivery with respect to, e.g., salaries and wages.
8. FoodCompanions BV shall furthermore be able to increase the fee when it is shown during the execution of the work that the volume of work initially agreed upon or expected when the contract was concluded, was underestimated to such a degree, and this through no fault of the FoodCompanions BV, that FoodCompanions BV cannot be expected in reasonableness to do the work agreed upon for the fee initially agreed upon.
9. FoodCompanions BV shall notify the client in writing of his intention to increase the fee or the hourly rate, whereby FoodCompanions BV shall communicate the volume of said increase and the date on which it shall take effect.
10. If client does not wish to accept the increase in fee or hourly rate communicated by FoodCompanions BV, client shall be entitled to terminate the agreement in writing within seven working days following the above-mentioned notification, or to cancel the assignment by the date given in FoodCompanions BV's notification on which the change in fee or hourly rate would take effect. (see also article 4).
Article 8 Payment
1. Payment must be made within 15 days from the date of invoice, in a way to be indicated by FoodCompanions BV and in the currency in which the statement of expenses was drawn up. Contestation of the amount of the statements of expenses shall not suspend the fulfilment of the payment obligation
2. If client fails to fulfil his payment obligation within the term of 14 days, then client shall be in default by operation of law. In that event, client shall owe an interest of 1.5% per month, unless the statutory interest rate is higher, in which case the statutory interest rate shall apply. The interest on the amount due and payable shall be calculated as from the day the client is in default until the moment he has paid the amount in full.
3. FoodCompanions BV's claims against client shall become due on demand in the event that client's company is wound up, attached, declared bankrupt, or if a suspension of payment is granted.
4. FoodCompanions BV shall be entitled to have the payments made by the client go first of all to reduce the costs, subsequently to reduce the interest still due and finally to reduce the principal sum and the current interest. FoodCompanions BV shall have the right, without this leading FoodCompanions BV to be in default, to refuse an offer for payment, if the client designates a different sequence of attribution. FoodCompanions BV shall be entitled to refuse full payment of the principal sum, if said payment does not include the interest still due, the current interest and the costs.
5. FoodCompanions BV has the possibility to charge a credit limitation surcharge of 2%. This surcharge will not be charged if payment is made within 7 days from the date of invoice. (see article 5).
Article 9 Retention of Title
1. All goods delivered by FoodCompanions BV, possibly also including designs, sketches, drawings, films, software, (electronic) files, etc., shall remain FoodCompanions BV's property until client has fulfilled all of his obligations under all agreements concluded with FoodCompanions BV.
2. Client shall not be authorised to pledge or encumber in any way the goods falling under the retention of title.
3. If third parties seize goods delivered subject to retention of title or wish to establish or assert a right to them, client shall be held to inform FoodCompanions BV thereof as soon as can reasonably expected.
4. The client shall undertake to insure the goods delivered subject to retention of title and to keep them insured against damage caused by fire, explosion and water as well as against theft and make this insurance policy available for inspection on first demand.
5. Goods delivered by FoodCompanions BV falling under the retention of title by virtue of the stipulations under 1. of the present article, may only be sold on within the framework of normal business activities and must never be used as instrument of payment.
6. In the event that FoodCompanions BV wishes to exercise his ownership rights mentioned in the present article, client shall give FoodCompanions BV or third parties to be appointed by FoodCompanions BV, now for then, unconditional and irrevocable permission to access all sites and locations where FoodCompanions BV's property might be found and to take these goods back.
Article 10 Collection Charges
1. If the client fails to fulfil his obligations (in due time) or defaults on them, then all reasonable costs incurred to have all extrajudicial costs and debts paid shall be borne by the client. The client shall in any case owe the collection charges in the event of a monetary claim. The collection charges shall be calculated in accordance with the collection rates advised by the Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten (Netherlands Bar) for collection procedures.
2. If FoodCompanions BV demonstrates that he has incurred higher expenses, which were necessary in reason, said expenses shall also qualify for reimbursement.
3. The reasonable judicial and execution costs possibly incurred shall equally be borne by client (see article 6).
Article 11 Inspection & Complaints
1. The client must notify FoodCompanions BV in writing of complaints about the work done within 8 days following their detection, but no later than within 14 days following completion of the work concerned. The notice of default must give as detailed a description as possible of the shortcoming, so that FoodCompanions BV is in a position to respond adequately.
2. If a complaint proves to be well-founded, FoodCompanions BV shall yet do the work as agreed upon, unless such has become demonstrably useless in the meantime to the client. The client must notify FoodCompanions BV in writing if the latter is the case.
3. If it is no longer possible or useful to still do the work with respect to the provision of services agreed upon, FoodCompanions BV shall only be liable within the limits of article 15. (see article 7).
Article 12 Cancellation
1. Both parties shall be entitled to cancel the agreement at all times.
2. If the agreement is terminated prematurely by client, FoodCompanions BV shall be entitled to compensation of the loss of capacity utilisation to be demonstrated caused by said premature termination, unless the termination is based on facts and circumstances which can be attributed to FoodCompanions BV. Client shall furthermore be held in that event to pay the statement of expenses for the work done up till that moment. The preliminary results of the work done up till that moment shall therefore be put at client's disposal subject to approval.
3. If the agreement is terminated prematurely by FoodCompanions BV, FoodCompanions BV shall see to it in conjunction with client that the work still to be done be transferred to third parties, unless the termination is based on facts and circumstances which can be attributed to client.
4. If the transfer of the work still to be done entails extra costs for FoodCompanions BV, said costs shall be charged to client. (see article 8).
Article 13 Suspension and Dissolution
1. FoodCompanions BV shall be authorised to suspend the fulfilment of the obligations under the agreement or to dissolve the agreement, in the event that:
- client does not fulfil or does not fully fulfil his obligations resulting from the agreement
- after the agreement has been concluded, FoodCompanions BV learns of circumstances giving good ground to fear that the client will not fulfil his obligations. If good ground exists to fear that the client will only partially or improperly fulfil his obligations, suspension shall only be allowed in so far the shortcoming justifies such action.
- client was asked to furnish security to guarantee the fulfilment of his obligations resulting from the agreement when the contract was concluded and that this security is not provided or insufficient.
2. FoodCompanions BV shall furthermore be authorised to dissolve the agreement (have the agreement dissolved) if circumstances arise of such a nature that fulfilment of the obligations becomes impossible or can no longer be demanded in accordance with the requirements of reasonableness and fairness, or if other circumstances arise of such a nature that the unaltered maintenance of the agreement can no longer be demanded in all reasonableness.
3. If the agreement is dissolved, the FoodCompanions BV's claims against the client shall be forthwith due and payable. If FoodCompanions BV suspends fulfilment of his obligations, he shall retain his rights under the law and the agreement.
4. FoodCompanions BV shall always retain the right to claim damages. (see article 9).
Article 14 Return of Goods Put at Client's Disposal
1. If FoodCompanions BV has put goods at client's disposal during and in connection with the execution of the agreement, client shall be held to return the delivered goods within 14 days in their original state, free of defects and in their entirety. If client fails to fulfil this obligation, all resulting costs shall be at client 's expense.
2. If, for any reason whatsoever, client still remains in default to fulfil the obligation mentioned under 1. after being warned to do so, FoodCompanions BV shall be entitled to recover the resulting damage and costs, including replacement costs, from client.
Article 15 Liability
1. Should FoodCompanions BV be liable, then said liability shall be limited to the stipulations of the present condition.
2. If FoodCompanions BV is liable for direct damage, then said liability shall be limited to a maximum of the amount of the statement of charges, at any rate that part of the assignment to which the liability relates. FoodCompanions BV's liability shall at all times be limited to a maximum equalling the amount of the payment to be made by FoodCompanions BV's insurer in the occurring event.
3. In the event of an assignment with a duration of more than 6 months, the liability shall, contrary to the stipulations under 2. of the present article, furthermore be limited to the part of the fee still due for the last six months.
4. Direct damage shall be understood to be exclusively:
- the reasonable costs incurred to establish the cause and the volume of the damage, in so far said establishment relates to damage in the sense of the present terms and conditions
- the reasonable costs possibly incurred to have FoodCompanions BV's faulty performance meet the conditions of the agreement, unless such faulty performance cannot be attributed to FoodCompanions BV;
- the reasonable costs incurred to prevent or limit the damage, in so far client demonstrates that said costs have led to the limitation of direct damage as meant in the present general terms and conditions.
5. FoodCompanions BV shall never be liable for indirect damage, including consequential damage, loss of profit, lost savings and damage due to business stagnation.
6. The limitations of liability for direct damage contained in the present terms and conditions shall not apply if the damage is due to intentional act or omission or gross negligence on the part of FoodCompanions BV or his subordinates (see article 10)
Article 16 Safeguarding
1. The client shall safeguard FoodCompanions BV against claims filed by third parties concerning intellectual property rights on material or data provided by the client, which shall be used for and during the execution of the agreement.
2. If the client provides FoodCompanions BV with information carriers, electronic files or software etc., the former shall guarantee that said information carriers, electronic files or software are free of viruses and defects.
Article 17 Transfer of Risk
1. The risk of loss of, or damage to the goods being the subject of the agreement, shall be transferred to client the moment said goods are judicially and/or actually delivered to client and therefore fall into the power of client or of third parties to be appointed by client (see article 11).
Article 18 Force Majeure
1. Parties shall not be held to fulfil any of their obligations if they are hindered to do so due to a circumstance through no fault of their own and which cannot be attributed to them by virtue of law, a legal action or generally accepted practice.
2. In addition to the provisions of the law and the judge-made law in this respect, force majeure shall in the present general terms and conditions furthermore be understood to be any external circumstance, be it envisaged or not, on which FoodCompanions BV cannot have any influence but which prevents FoodCompanions BV from fulfilling his obligations. Industrial action at FoodCompanions BV's company shall also be understood to be a circumstance of force majeure.
3. FoodCompanions BV shall also be entitled to invoke force majeure if the circumstance rendering (further) fulfilment of the obligation(s) impossible, commences after the point in time on which FoodCompanions BV should have fulfilled his obligation.
4. Throughout the duration of the circumstances of force majeure, parties shall be entitled to suspend the fulfilment of their obligations. If this period lasts for more than two months, either of the parties shall be entitled to dissolve the agreement without any obligation to pay the opposite party damages.
5. Insofar FoodCompanions BV has already partially fulfilled his obligations resulting from the agreement at the moment the circumstance of force majeure commenced or shall be able to fulfil them and insofar separate value can be attributed to the part already fulfilled or still to be fulfilled respectively, FoodCompanions BV shall be entitled to submit a separate statement of expenses of the part already fulfilled or still to be fulfilled respectively. The client shall be held to pay this statement of expenses as if it were a separate agreement. (see article 12).
Article 19 Secrecy
1. Both parties shall be bound to secrecy of all confidential information they have received within the scope of their agreement from each other or from another source. Information shall be considered to be confidential if the other party has indicated so or if the confidential character results from the nature of the information.
2. If a statutory provision or a judicial decision compels FoodCompanions BV to convey confidential information to third parties designated by law or by the court and FoodCompanions BV cannot for that purpose invoke a legal right to refuse to give evidence or such a right acknowledged or allowed by the competent court, FoodCompanions BV shall not be held to pay damages or compensation and the opposite party shall not be entitled to demand the dissolution of the agreement on the ground of any damage resulting from said circumstance.
Article 20 Intellectual Property and Copyrights
1. Without prejudice to the other stipulations of the present general terms and conditions, FoodCompanions BV shall reserve the rights and authorities to which FoodCompanions BV is entitled under the Copyright Act.
2. All documents, such as reports, advice, agreements, designs, sketches, drawings, software, etc., provided by FoodCompanions BV, shall be destined to be used by client exclusively and must not be reproduced, made public or brought to the notice of third parties by client without prior consent from FoodCompanions BV, unless the nature of the documents provided dictates otherwise.
3. FoodCompanions BV shall reserve the right to use the knowledge gained due to the execution of the work for other purposes, in so far no confidential information shall be brought to the notice of third parties when doing so.
Article 21 Samples and Models
1. If a sample or model has been given to client, then the assumption is that such has been given by way of indication only, unless parties agree explicitly that the product to be delivered shall correspond with it.
2. In the event of an assignment concerning immovable property, the surface area or other measurements and indications given shall also be assumed to be merely indicative without any obligation to have the product to be delivered correspond with it.
Article 22 Non-employment of the opposite party's personnel
1. Throughout the duration of the agreement and for one year following termination thereof, client shall not in any way, hire or employ in any other way, be it directly or indirectly, staff of FoodCompanions BV or of enterprises whom FoodCompanions BV has engaged to execute the present agreement and who are (were) involved in the execution of the agreement, without prior proper businesslike consultation on this matter, all this in accordance with the requirements of reasonableness and fairness.
Article 23 Disputes
1. The Court in FoodCompanions BV's place of business shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear actions, unless the District Court is the competent Court. FoodCompanions BV shall nevertheless be entitled to submit the dispute to the Court deemed competent by the law.
2. Parties shall only refer the matter to the court if they have done their utmost to solve the dispute in mutual consultations. (see also article 13)
Article 24 Applicable Law
1. Dutch law shall apply to each and every agreement between FoodCompanions BV and the client.
Article 25 Changes to the Terms and Conditions and their Location
1. The present terms and conditions have been filed at the office of the Chamber of Commerce in Utrecht.
The most recently filed version shall always apply, or, as the case may be, the version valid at the time the agreement was concluded.
Data Protection Notice
This notice explains how we will
process your personal information.
FoodCompanions BV complies with
the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic
Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. Pprinciples relating to the
processing of personal information are: accurate, not kept longer than
necessary, secure, adequate, relevant & not excessive, fairly and lawfully
processed data in accordance with your rights and in a limited time, and data
are not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
Why we collect your
By collecting your data, it
allows us to understand what your needs and wants are, provide personalised
content and match the most relevant adverts and services for you. It also,
allows us to provide many great, targeted reader offers and services that we
know you may be interested to hear about.
Who is the Data
When you provide personal information to any of the
magazines or websites, the data controller is FoodCompanions BV. If another
company is the data controller, this will be made clear when you provide your
personal information. FoodCompanions BV whose registered address is Jan van
Eijcklaan 2 - 4, 3723 BC Bilthoven, The Netherlands.
How we use personal data
The data controller will use your
information together with other information for administration (including
providing any goods, services or information you have requested), marketing,
credit scoring, customer services and profiling your purchasing preferences. We
will disclose your information to our service providers and agents for these
By returning or submitting a form with your personal
information to us, you consent to:
a) our processing your sensitive personal
data such as health data for the above purposes; and
b) our transferring your
information to countries, which do not provide the same level of data protection
as in the The Netherlands if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make
such a transfer, we will put a contract in place to ensure your information is
protected. When you give us your personal information, we will give you the
opportunity to opt out of receiving communications by post or telephone from us
but remember that this will preclude you from receiving any of our special
offers or promotions in future. We will also give you the opportunity to opt in
to receive such information by e-mail or SMS and will only send it to you if you
do opt in or if you are an existing customer and the information relates to
similar goods or services to those, which you have previously purchased from us.
You may also exercise your right to opt out of the use of your information for
marketing purposes at any time by contacting us by the methods explained at the
end of this notice. Your personal information will be disclosed where we are
obliged or permitted by law to do so. If you post or send offensive or
objectionable content anywhere on or to any of our websites or otherwise engage
in any disruptive behaviour on any of our websites, we can use whatever
information that is available to us about you to stop such behaviour. This may
involve informing relevant third parties such as your employer and law
enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We would like to share your
information with organisations who are our business partners. They may contact
you by mail or telephone to let you know about any goods, services or
promotions, which may be of interest to you. We will always give you an option
to opt out at the point where you give us your details. We will never supply
your information to a third party for marketing purposes if you tell us not to.
You may also exercise your right to opt out of the use of your information being
supplied to a third party, for marketing purposes at any time, by contacting us
by the methods explained at the end of this notice.
When you visit one of our
websites, we may send you a cookie. A cookie is a small file that can be placed
on your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes and we may use them to
do a number of things:
- Cookies help us to recognise
you when you next visit one of our websites and note the advertisements
displayed to you. This allows us to tailor the advertisements we provide to your
preferences. We may use the services of third party ad servers for this
- Cookies may be used to compile anonymous statistics
related to the take up or use of services, or to patterns of browsing. A third
party collects such data on our behalf to measure web site
performance.Information collected is aggregated for reporting purposes. No
personally identifiable information is collected by this service. The use of
this service assists us in measuring and improving the structure and ease of use
of our web sites.
Third Party Cookies
Our Websites may contain third party advertising and
sponsorship. It is possible that these third party advertisers may download
cookies to your computer. Cookies may then be used to allow the advertisers to
compile anonymous statistics, personalise advertising content and monitor the
effectiveness of their campaigns. We cannot control nor do we have access to any
cookies placed on your computer by third party advertisers and sponsors. Cookies
cannot be used by themselves to identify you. You are not obliged to accept
cookies and may modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. Please
be aware that if you disable cookies, many services on our websites will not be
available to you.
Updating or deleting your personal
When you register online with any of FoodCompanions
BV websites, you can see, review and change your personal information by logging
onto the site and going to “My Profile or equivalent”. Please ensure you update
your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Should you request
that your account is closed and your personal information removed, please be
assured that this will be done as soon as is reasonably possible. Personal
information from closed accounts is retained in order to comply with legal
obligations, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes and
troubleshoot problems etc, but always done within a legal framework. All
personal data is processed in line with the requirements of the Data Protection
Act 1998 and The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive)
Personal data disclosed in public
Certain FoodCompanions group
websites allow for the sharing of information. You should remember that any
personal data you submit to such areas will be viewed by other third parties
this includes, online chat rooms and forums. As such, your personal data may be
viewed, collected and used by third parties over whom we have no control. We are
not responsible for either the information you submit/post or otherwise make
available in such public areas or any use that may be made of such information
by any third party.
You have a right to ask for a copy of your
information (for which we charge a small fee) and to ask us to correct any
inaccuracies in your personal information (which is free). To make sure we
follow your instructions correctly and to improve our service to you through
training of our staff, we may monitor or record telephone calls. When you give
us information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to
act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data, including
sensitive personal data and to the transfer of their information abroad and to
receive on their behalf any data protection notices.
Notification of changes
From time to time, we may make changes to the Privacy
Policy. This may be in relation to changes in the law, best practice or changes
in our services.