The finalists have been announced for the 2017 Bridge2Food Sports & Active Nutrition Awards, which celebrate the innovators creating the next generation of categories, products, beverages and ingredients to delight an increasingly health conscious and active consumer.
The winners will be announced at Europe’s leading 7th Sports and Active Nutrition Summit 2017 (12-14 June, the Netherlands). This specialist summit brings together more than 200+ experts in sports, weight management, nutrition, health food, beverage and bars industries to discuss latest innovations in ingredients, products, business and markets.
Download the Summit brochure here!
The finalists are:
Best New Category Development – awarded to a company that has created a new category or added new features to an existing one:
- ELX Drinks BV for ELX Pro – Protein Water
- Gymgrossisten for Star Nutrition Protein Soda
- Omnimind for Nootropics supplements
Best New Sports Nutrition Product – awarded to a disruptive and innovative product:
- Better Than Coffeeâ for Better Than Coffeeâ Energy Bars
- Fori for Fori Meat Snack Bars
- JIMINI’s for JIMINI’s Conchiglie Pasta
Best New Sports Nutrition Beverage – awarded to an innovative new beverage:
Most Novel Ingredient – celebrates new ingredients that are truly innovative:
- Firmenich Ltd for Protein Shield Flavors
- GreenFood50 B.V for GreenFood50® Protein Rich Quinoa Flour
- Rembrandt Foods for REMPRO 8090 Egg Protein Isolate
The expert panel of judges is:
- Colinda Hoegee – MD, Holland & Barrett Benelux
- Robert Walker – CEO, Voff Science
- Claire Nuttall – Founder of The Brand Incubator
- Asker Jeukendrup – director, Mysportscience
- Pieter-Paul Verheggen – CEO of Motivaction
Colinda Hoegee, MD, Holland & Barrett, Benelux said, “The judges were delighted to receive so many entries this year, and selecting the finalists was tough. There is an increasing number of products targeting active mainstream consumers looking for healthy lifestyle choices, alongside traditional sports enthusiasts. As the lines blur between sports and active nutrition, the industry is responding with creativity, innovation and science.”