Bridge2Food, the internationally renowned knowledge and network agency, announces the launch of its inaugural Protein Awards. The global interest in high protein foods and plant proteins with nutritional benefits is high. The awards will celebrate the achievements of leading players who drive excellence within the food and proteins industries.
Gerard Klein Essink, Director, Bridge2Food said “Exciting times lie ahead: We are delighted to launch these awards that reflect growing innovation within the protein sector. Our prestigious judging panel are looking forward to receiving entries from a broad range of companies showcasing the growth, diversity and success of the protein industry.” The winners will be announced at the 9th Protein Summit 2016, (19 – 21 September, Lille, Northern France).
The judging panel includes:
- Pat Robinson, Business Development Manager, CircleUp (USA)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bernhard van Lengerich, Former CSO, General Mills, Inc. / Seeding the Future Foundation
- Dr Anne Wagner, Corporate Research & Development Director, Tereos (France)
- Dr. Cindy Gerhardt, COO Biotechnology Centre, DSM (The Netherlands)
- Greg Bonnefin, Group Director, Newly Weds Foods (Thailand)
- Dr. Volker Heinz, Managing Director, DIL (Germany)
- Dr Stacy Pyett, Business Development Manager, NIZO (Netherlands)
- Dr. Rickey Yada – Professor, Land & Food Systems University of British Columbia (Canada)
- Johan De Coninck – Business Development Manager, IAR (France)
- Dr Kees de Gooijer – TKI Agri & Food (Netherlands)
- Sam Waterfall – Senior Consultant, The Healthy Marketing Team Ltd (UK)
- Roger Gilbert, Managing Director, Perendale Publishing (UK)
The 4 award categories are:
- Best New Category Development: awarded to a company that has created a new category within the food and protein sector
- Best New Protein Food: awarded to a truly innovative product that has introduced a new concept offered real value and had a significant market impact.
- Most Disruptive Technology: awarded to a truly disruptive and innovative technology that has changed the market for a better food world.
- Most Novel Ingredient: celebrates new protein ingredients that are truly innovative and offered measurable benefits for manufacturers and consumers.
The closing date for entries is 31 August, 2016, when an expert panel of judges will select a shortlist of finalists.