We are very pleased and proud to announce the start of the Advisory Board of the Global Plant-Based Foods & Proteins EcoSystem. Since 2019, with the strong support of Protein Industries Canada and 40 Industry Leaders, the EcoSystem has meanwhile grown to 275+ Industry Leaders from 110 Organisations. Therefore, the world can enjoy an acceleration of the protein transition towards a more plant-based diet, with better foods. Above all produced in a sustainable way, as well as increase food security with an abundant supply of proteins for food, feed, and pet food markets.
The EcoSystem is ready for another acceleration with guidance and leadership from active and current EcoSystem partners. The Dream Team Advisory Board partners are:
– Sonja Kalkhoven, R&D Director, Upfield
– Stacy Pyett, Protein Program Manager, Wageningen University & Research
– Anne Louise, Dannesboe Nielsen, Director, Danish Technological Institute
– Denis Chereau, CEO, Improve
– Chris Thoen, Director North America Innovation, Bühler
– Chris Anderson, CTO, Protein Industries Canada
– Akshay Arora, Global Technical Manager – Plant-based Proteins, Ingredion
– Adam Janczuk, VP Global R&D – Nourish, IFF
– Luis Angel, Fernandez, VP Strategic Development Flavors, Mane
– Dirk Hermann, Head of R&D, Simply V
– Michel Mellema, Head of Science & Technology – New Meat, Unilever
– Monjur Hossen, Senior Food Designer, Plant-Based Protein, Kellogg
– Harshal Kshirsagar, VP of R&D Alternative Proteins, Tyson
– Christophe Schmitt, Group Leader Proteins, Nestle Research Centre
Gerard Klein Essink, Founder & CEO of Bridge2Food and the Global Plant-Based Foods & Proteins EcoSystem adds: “The Advisory Board will ensure a solid foundation for the EcoSystem, and will inspire all of us to raise the bar even higher. Their vision on the future from a food brand, ingredient & processing supplier, research, and university point of view will create a thought-leading platform for the food & protein industry. We are super excited that these experts are willing to lead all of us into new territories”.
We will be introducing all Advisory Board Partners and their vision for the future in the coming weeks.