Consumer brand Yosa with fermented oat products
With the acquisition of Bioferme Oy, Fazer Lifestyle Foods gets a strong start. Oat-based products are rapidly growing in the consumer markets. Bioferme has the established Yosa brand in Finland, a strong product portfolio of fermented oat products, including a range of non-dairy yogurts, and strong expertise in oat products.Combining the oat expertise, brand strength, product portfolios, retail access and financial strength of Fazer and Bioferme, the business is expected to instantly become a strong player in the growing market. Bioferme will become a Fazer company and the business will be headed by Niko Scharlin, a member of the founder family and the seller of the company.‘The Yosa products found a good home at Fazer. It means a lot to us that we share similar values and that Fazer is a valued family company. We are excited about the new opportunities this cooperation can offer,ʼ says Niko Scharlin, Managing Director and the main owner of Bioferme Oy.
Bioferme in brief
- Located in the Turku region in Finland
- Established in 1977
- Consumer brand Yosa in Finland
- A strong product portfolio of fermented oat products and strong expertise in oat products. The product portfolio includes a wide range of yogurts, and recently also cooking products were added to the portfolio. All the products are free from milk and soy.
- In 2016, the net sales of Bioferme amounted to 6.8 million euros
- Employs ca 25 people
- Main market Finland, some exports to Sweden, Norway and the Netherlands