Peter Lee serves as the Vice President of Marketing at Believer Meats, a cultivated meat company pioneering the first scalable cultivated meat production system. Since joining in 2022, Peter has led the rebranding of Future Meat Technologies to Believer Meats and is building the marketing and communications foundation needed for a commercial launch. Prior to joining Believer, Peter was the Director of Brand Marketing at Greenleaf Foods where he led the rebranding efforts and accelerated growth for the plant-based brands Field Roast and Chao Cheese, ultimately more than doubling the business. This came after nearly a decade with General Mills in sales and marketing where he fostered iconic brands, such as Nature Valley and Pillsbury, concentrating on brand building and innovation. He also spent time exploring white space innovation and category expansion within the 301 Inc. business unit, General Mills’ emerging brand elevator group. In addition, he led Starbucks brand growth initiatives for their channel development unit and integration of Starbucks Rewards Loyalty/CRM programming into grocery. A native of Elkhart, Indiana, Peter holds a BS from Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business and an MBA from the University of Michigan’s Ross School of Business.
This panel discussion will focus on:
- Which consumer drivers are key? Affordability, nutrition & health, variety, great taste & texture?
- Where are we now on a scale of 1 to 10 with these drivers?
- Which nut do consumers want the industry to crack first?
- Who is the main target group? GenZ? Millennials? GenY? Flexitarians? …?
- How to attract first buyers, and how to keep them buying the product?