Dr. William McCormack is Proteins of The Future (POFU) New Business Development Manager for North America and LATAM at DSM. William, an Irish national, started his career in the food industry as a Development Scientist at Carbery Group focused on the added value benefits of hydrolyzed whey proteins in performance nutrition and healthy ageing applications. In 2016 Dr. McCormack moved to the United States joining Synergy Flavors as Business Development Manager for the Nutrition, Health, and Wellness market. He joined DSM in August of 2022 to lead the commercialization of CanolaPRO®, DSMs novel plant-based protein isolate derived from canola seed. William holds a bachelor’s degree in Sport and Exercise Sciences and a Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology and Human Nutrition from the University of Limerick. William resides in the greater Milwaukee suburbs in Wisconsin with his wife Merike. His favorite pastimes are exercise training (HIIT, cycling, and yoga) and landscaping
This panel discussion will focus on:
• What is your overall impression of the plant-based food industry’s health today? We hear it’s struggling from the media and the stock market but is there another side of the story from the supply chain and private investors?
• Do cultural factors influence rates of adoption of plant-based meat among countries?
• What can the plant-based meat industry learn from the continued growth of plant-based beverages?
• How does the industry cultivate the next stage of plant-based adopters?
• How will the next generation of plant-based products differ from those currently available?