Miri is a senior research analyst for the food and beverage team at Euromonitor International researching the US industry. Additionally, Miri is a doctoral candidate at Northwestern University studying economic sociology as well as lecturing. Her dissertation explores how the plant based food industry was formed in the US and UK over the past 3 decades, as well as its expansion from a niche market to a general market.
This panel discussion will focus on:
• What is your overall impression of the plant-based food industry’s health today? We hear it’s struggling from the media and the stock market but is there another side of the story from the supply chain and private investors?
• Do cultural factors influence rates of adoption of plant-based meat among countries?
• What can the plant-based meat industry learn from the continued growth of plant-based beverages?
• How does the industry cultivate the next stage of plant-based adopters?
• How will the next generation of plant-based products differ from those currently available?