- Food Engineer, University of Hohenheim, married, 2 children
- 25 years of international experience in food innovation
- 20 years in technical and commercial roles in B2B food ingredients
-10 years in B2B marketing and business management roles in the USA (Danisco/Ingredion)
- 5 years B2C at Pepsico, Global B2C Innovation and Site Leadership Global Fruit & Vegetable Innovation Center, Hamburg.
- 3 years at GoodMills Innovation, innovation driver in taste, nutrition, sustainability
The development of new plant-based foods has seen significant growth due to rising consumer demand and the need for a sustainable food system. This presentation showcases an approach as ingredient suppliers that integrates sustainable sourcing with the ability to fulfill the demands of manufacturers and consumers for meat alternatives that can be sold in mass markets. This approach simplifies the value chain and enhances the likelihood and speed of success in innovation. This presentation will provide examples of
- Developments in new sustainable raw materials in pulses and wheat
- Driving sensory & formulation science to address taste
- Opportunities for new extruded ingredients for today's and tomorrow’s demand
It explores how these themes contribute to simplifying the value chain and driving the success of the plant-based food industry and discusses the implications for manufacturers, consumers, and the environment.