Alexander (Alex) Graber has been working in the meat industry for over 20 years, starting as a butcher in 2001 and expanding his culinary knowledge through chefing and finally studying Food Engineering in Germany. Alex has been with ICL since 2015 and has spent 100% of his time focusing on exciting areas of plant-based meat development and innovation leading key projects for the business from ideation to launch. His current role involves supporting ICL’s European plant-based customers with new product launches and continuing to develop the Rovitaris portfolio for the European market.
This panel discussion will focus on:
- What is the current product development and sales status of plant-based and other meat alternatives?
- What are the main challenges? Process? Sensory? Ingredients?
- Where do we see the different technologies for the production of meat alternatives in the future? Extrusion, 3D printing, simple mixing, shear cell, etc.? - To further foster the growth… where does the product development go?
- Is there an opportunity to create new products that have similar nutrient properties to meat (e.g., protein, B12, zinc) but do not resemble muscle tissue?
- What has to happen that we can bring such products (“meat alternatives” that do not resemble meat) to the market?