Melanie Luangrath has over 20 years of diversified experience, including launching new product solutions and managing cross-functional innovation projects to commercialization. Melanie holds an MBA from Syracuse University, New York and currently leads the commercial team at DSM Proteins of the Future with CanolaPRO® as the first specialty protein of DSM’s Vertis™ protein portfolio. Before joining DSM in 2018, Melanie worked at Givaudan Taste & Wellbeing division and AkzoNobel. She is passionate about food experience discovery and curious about exploring new food combinations that are delicious, nutritious and sustainably produced.
This panel will focus on:
- What is the perspective of plant farmers on plant protein quality? What happened in the past and what are the new developments?
- What are bigger food companies doing to ensure protein quality/price/resilience/sustainability. Vertical integration?
- Where is more room for connectivity along the supply chain?
- How do ingredient manufacturers deal with changing crop yields/protein content and quality? What are possible solutions?
- What are the plant protein sources of the future from the perspective of each panelist? Are we stuck with soy and pea?