Plant-Based Foods & Proteins Summit Americas
26-27 April 2023, Chicago, USA
Join us at Summit Americas to position yourself amongst the top plant-based foods and proteins industry thought leaders and disruptors in North America and the world. This Summit will provide invaluable networking opportunities while experts from CPG, ingredient development, processing, industry organizations, and universities all share their latest findings and insights.
Summit Americas will focus on current trends, the growth of the market, investments, and collaboration opportunities. Themes of affordability, accessibility, healthy diets & nutrition, and sustainability will be central as they are focal points of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Register by 31 March and save $700
Strengthening Plant-based Growth by Building Relationships
We bridge all perspectives of food professionals by providing forums to build purposeful partnerships. We are generating new business opportunities and ultimately unlocking the potential that can achieve real impact for the future of food and our globe. Join us for two days to learn the latest innovations and research, find solutions and strategies, grow your network, and discover where the plant-based sector is growing next.
Enhance Knowledge with our Focused Two-day Industry Summit
The demand for plant-based foods is increasing fast. There are many opportunities for retailers, formulators, and brands to develop better and more inspiring foods for consumers. This Summit is a key opportunity to hear the unique perspectives of thought leaders and start discussions to make long-lasting partnerships.
- Setting that encourages introductions, meetings, and conversation
- More than 50 top industry speakers
- Focused group of top executives across the value chain
- Highly engaged panel discussions: both consumer and technical oriented
- Pre-set 1-to-1 networking meetings throughout the event
- More than 20 companies and start-ups on display
A fantastic opportunity to work with fellow leaders on future global strategies!
The 1-to-1 Business Meetings will allow delegates to have short meetings of 10 minutes with potential business, technology, and research partners during pre-scheduled meetings.
An informal meet & greet with your fellow delegates, friends, and colleagues. A great way to catch up and have fun.
The Plenary part of the program will focus on Accelerating Value Chain Connectivity:
- Plant Based Foods Industry: The Business of Driving Food Systems Change - Rachel Dreskin, Chief Executive Officer, Plant-Based Foods Association
- Panel discussion on Transforming Agriculture: From Farm to Fork - featuring Andre Menezes, Co-Founder & CEO, TiNDLE; Rachel Dreskin, Chief Executive Officer, Plant-Based Foods Association
- For the love of Meat! - featuring Andre Menezes, Co-Founder & CEO, TiNDLE
- Panel discussion on The Elephant in the Room: Is the Plant-Based Industry Really Dead? - John Baumgartner, Managing Director, Mizuho Securities USA Inc.; David Sabbagh, Global Business Development Lead - Protein Solutions, IFF
- Reaching Price Parity through Smart Technological Innovations
Lunch time! There will be a range of plant-based food tastings waiting for you to tickle your taste buds – you have the chance to network with other delegates whilst connecting over food! If you please, you may also be matched 1-on-1 for some speed meetings. Enough options to choose from – enjoy and see you in the next round!
- Panel discussion on The Market, Category & New Innovations - Brandon Ng, Vice President, Houlihan Lokey; Jen Wu, Managing Director, L.E.K. Consulting; Anne Palermo, Aqua Cultured Foods
- Plant-based Eating and Regenerative Agriculture: Consumer Interest in a Tastier, Healthier, and More Sustainable Future - Melissa Abbott, Vice President, Syndicated Studies, Hartman Group
- Panel discussion on Consumer Choices & Drivers - Giovanna Hernandez, Research & Development, Kelloggs - Lucia Camaano, Director of Marketing & Innovation, Quorn - Peter Lee, Vice President, Marketing, Believer Meats
- The Impact of Rising Prices on the Plant-Based Market - Will Cowling, Senior Strategic Marketing Manager, FMCG GURUS
- Understanding the Needs of Plant Based Consumers - Julie Emmett, Vice President, Marketplace Development, Plant-Based Foods Association
- Weigh and Measure Inline without Process Interrupt - Ryan Kromhout, Global Industry Division Manager Food, Krohne
- Influence of Heat Treatment and Spray Drying on Properties of Plant Based Proteins - Sarah Veelaert, Plant Based Protein Application Manager, GEA and Michael McGoldrick, Market Manager Industrial BioTech / Starch, GEA
- Toward the Next Generation of Alternative Protein Ingredients - Frédéric Baudouin, R&D lab manager, IMPROVE
- Prospects for Sidestream Utilization in Alternative Protein Production - Priera Panescu, Senior Scientist – Plant-Based Specialist, GFI
- Assessing ESG Risks and Opportunities in Animal Protein Production Through Benchmarking - Sofia De La Parra, Senior ESG Analyst, FAIRR
- Making Ingredient Dry Processing More Sustainable and More Qualitative - Jeff Sanders, Product Manager, Schrödinger
A highlight event of the Summit! Each year partners and delegates have the opportunity to attend the Summit Dinner. This presents an opportunity to mingle and network, enjoy a meal, and relax!
The 1-on-1 Business Meetings will allow delegates to have short meetings of 10 minutes with potential business, technology, and research partners during pre-scheduled meetings.
- How does Labelling Drive Consumer Choices?
- Clean Label Solutions for Plant-Based Foods - Laurice Pouvreau, Senior Scientist Protein Technology, Wageningen University & Research
- Panel discussion on Plant-Based Foods on a Pedestal – How can Retail Drive the Sales of New Plant-Based Food Products - Sherry Frey, VP Total Wellness, NielsenIQ
- The Changing Face of Plant-Based in the Eyes of AI - Christene Salinas, Market Research & Consumer Insights, Tastewise
- Policies, Systems, and Environment: Multiple Strategies in Sustainability and Food Waste Reduction at Large Institutions. - Kathy Wicks, Director of Sustainability, University of Massachusetts Dining Services
- Education & How to Educate the Potential Plant-Based Consumer
- Get it all out - Full Valorization of Starch and Oil Crops via Wet Fractionation
- Joint Integrated Solutions to Solve Processing Challenges for Plant Protein Ingredients and Foods: Panel Discussion - Gregory See Hoye, Market Manager, Dedert - Antoine Perrault, Business Development Manager, Poittemill- Davide Di Nunno, Head of Process Technologies, GEA
- Valorization of Starch from Pea Fractionation - Janelle Carlin, Director, Quality & Processing, Pulse Canada
- Panel discussion on The Future of Pulse Processing - Tim McGreevy, CEO, USA Pulses
- Mycoprotein, from the Fungi Kingdom to its Production Through Fermentation - Karla Acevedo, Research Chef- Culinologist, Quorn
- Value Chain Support Pitches of StartUps, focusing on dairy-free, vegan cheese, egg-free, fish-free, meat-free, fat/oil, or ingredients
- Track I Consumer & Industry Challenges Outlook
- Track II Sustainable Process Innovations & Delicious Foods Outlook
- Meat Alternatives: Where do we go from here? - Harshal Kshirsagar, Vice President, Alt Protein R&D, Tyson
- Summary & Outlook - Dr. Lutz Grossmann, Assistant Professor, University of Massachusetts
Meet Our Speakers
Register early & save
Early Bird Rate (ends 31st March)**
Official Registration Rate**
Start-up*, NGO, & University Ticket
** Excluding VAT and credit card payment surcharge
Media & Supporting Partners
Hilton | Chicago, USA
Overlooking Grant Park, Lake Michigan, and Museum Campus, the Hilton situated on Michigan Avenue, is in the heart of downtown Chicago. The Summit will take place in the beautiful International Ballroom.
Booking your stay: We have a block of hotel rooms booked at the Hilton Chicago at a special discounted rate of $299.99 per room, per night. The discount is available until Tuesday, April 4. You will receive booking instructions in your confirmation email after you purchase your ticket.